In this article:
• Why does my child need to be a Makers Empire Member?
• What can Makers Empire Members do that non-Members can't?
• How can my child become a Makers Empire Member?
*PLEASE NOTE: becoming a Makers Empire Member is still free.
WHY DOES MY CHILD NEED TO BE A MAKERS EMPIRE MEMBER?
Ensuring the safety and happiness of young people while they're engaging with Makers Empire 3D is extremely important to us.
As the number of Makers Empire users grows we have an amazing opportunity to build a creative, supportive community of young creative problem-solvers - and we need to make sure everyone is interacting in a manner that aligns with our community standards and Acceptable Content Policy.
As part of our commitment to online safety, as of April 25th 2021, Makers Empire users will need to become a Makers Empire Member if they want to share content (designs and comments) with the Makers Empire community.
WHAT CAN MAKERS EMPIRE MEMBERS DO THAT NON-MEMBERS CAN'T?
Makers Empire Members can:
• Share their designs in our public design gallery if they wish (users can also choose not to share their designs)
• Leave feedback (comment) on other users designs.
*PLEASE NOTE: there is no direct/private messaging at all in Makers Empire 3D.
Users who are not Makers Empire Members can still:
• Complete 3D design tutorials (Training Lab)
• Customise their avatar ('Me' - Profile)
• Create designs (Shaper and Blocker)
• Save designs (My Designs)
• See other users' designs (Gallery)
• Play and share 3d maze games (Maze Mania)
• Enter our monthly design competition (Competition Arena)
• Complete Design Missions (Mission Maker)
... but they can not share designs, mazes or design missions publicly, or comment on other users' designs.
HOW CAN MY CHILD BECOME A MAKERS EMPIRE MEMBER?
Students with a Makers Empire school account will automatically become Makers Empire Members. Their teacher can control the degree to which they interact with other users. More info on privacy settings for teachers can be found here.
If your child does not have a Makers Empire school account and they are aged 13 or under (16 or under in EU countries), they must obtain parental/carer consent to become a Makers Empire Member.
Users will see a pop-up message in the Makers Empire 3D app asking them to enter a parent's email address. To help your child become a Makers Empire Member simply enter your email address, check your inbox and verify your address by clicking the button in the email, then go back to the Makers Empire 3D app.
If you miss the pop-up message you can verify your email anytime in Profile > Settings.
*PLEASE NOTE: becoming a Makers Empire Member is free.