The Magnet tool is a fast way to arrange shapes precisely, and ensures they are touching properly.
You can also use the Magnet tool to make sure your shape(s) are exactly aligned to the work platform / base.
HOW TO USE THE MAGNET TOOL TO JOIN TWO SHAPES:
1. Start with at least two shapes.
2. Select the shape which you want to move.
3. Select the snap point on your shape, this is the point at which your shape will touch the second shape.
*Note: You can set the Join Depth at this point. The Join Depth means how much the shapes will join, or overlap by, for example:
0mm means the two shapes will be be exactly flush.
1mm means the shapes will overlap by 1mm.
-1mm means there will be a 1mm gap between the shapes.
4. Click the position on your second shape where you want snap point to move to. The shapes will instantly 'magnetise'.
*Note: At this point, your shapes are touching but they are not stuck together. To join the two shapes in this position, use the Group tool.
HOW TO USE THE MAGNET TOOL TO ALIGN A SHAPE TO THE WORK PLATFORM / BASE:
1. Select the shape you want to move onto the platform.
2. Select the snap point on your shape, this is the point at which your shape will touch the platform.
3. Click the position on the platform where you want your shape to move to. The shape will instantly 'magnetise' to the platform.